Become a Member
The BSSM spans the interface between industry, academia and the wider engineering community and promotes their interaction to ensure the wide dissemination of new ideas and best practice in the field of engineering measurement and experimental mechanics.
Reasons for becoming a member of the BSSM - quotes from our member survey
"Being a member of the BSSM means that I can easily follow advances in various fields of interest"
"To share experience"
"The BSSM and it's members work closely to improve and maintain acceptable standards in strain gauging practice"
"Good atmosphere and friendly people"
"I wanted to support the society and others by sharing the knowledge I had gained over the years"
BSSM Members' interests includes:
- Experimental stress and strain analysis
- Non destructive evaluation techniques
- Residual stress analysis
- Impact behaviour of materials and structures
- Transducer and sensor design
- Structural health monitoring
- Biomechanics and materials
- Structural dynamics
- Hybrid numerical/experimental techniques
To apply for membership please complete the form here