The British Society for Strain Measurement (BSSM) offers exciting and advantageous opportunities to students through our discounted membership package. As a non profit making scientific and educational organisation, the BSSM specifically aims to advance the knowledge of strain measurement, stress analysis and related areas of experimental mechanics.
The BSSM sits at the interface between industry, academia and the wider engineering community and promotes their interaction to ensure the wide dissemination of new ideas and best practice in the field of engineering measurement. As an international organisation the society is made up of individual, student, corporate and educational members. The society:
- Provides a forum for the exchange of information on strain measurement and related technologies through specialist conferences, seminars and workshops
- Promotes and encourages widely recognised certification in strain gauge application, strain analysis and stress and load analysis
- Provides a forum in the European Journal 'Strain' for publishing research and reviewing equipment and product developments
- Reduced rate for attending International Conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics
- Reduced rates for attending BSSM events including seminars and workshops
- Reduced rates for attending BSSM co-sponsored events
- Online access to past presentations through secure members area on BSSM website
- Reduction in cost of Code of Practice
- Online access to Strain
- Online access to Experimental Techniques
In addition as a student member you will enjoy the benefit of student discount rates on BSSM courses and seminars, greater access to technical experts both in industry and academia and opportunities to network with world leaders in strain measurement and stress analysis.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does student membership cost?
Current annual student membership is shown in the registration form below.
How can I apply for memebership?
To apply for membership please complete the form here
As a student member I need help with a technical enquiry or advice, who should I contact?
Access to the national committee can be contacted through the ‘contact us’ page of the website. Please include your membership number to ensure a fast response.
Can I get access to presented media and posters from previous seminars and talks?
As a student member you are allowed access to the ‘members’ only pages where a library of presentations and other downloadable media is available.