Young Stress Analyst Competition
Date/Time: 4 September 2024
Location: Liverpool University, UK
Price: Conference Delegates who meet the entry criteria are entitled to enter this competition free of charge. Finalists will have their conference fees reimbursed.
The Young Stress Analyst Competition YSA24 will take place alongside the 18th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, 3 - 5 September 2024. The conference and competition will be held at Liverpool University, Liverpool.
The YSA competition is separate to the main conference programme and any competition entries must be different to accepted conference paper presentations. Conference presenters that meet the eligibility criteria are more than welcome to enter the competition with a separate submission and if selected as a finalist will have their conference registration fee reimbursed.
Entrants are invited to submit a 1000 word summary of their work. The submissions will then be sent to an expert review panel who will judge all entries and select the 4 finalists who will proceed to the next stage.
The 4 finalists are then asked to present their work at a dedicated conference session where they are judged by a panel of leading industrialists and researchers from academia. The winners are announced, and prizes awarded at the conference dinner.
• All 4 finalists will receive a cash prize
• Each of the 4 finalists receive free conference registration and conference dinner. Finalists also receive free membership of the BSSM for one year which includes a year's online access to the journal ‘Strain’ and reduced fees to attend the BSSM’s technical and scientific workshops/seminars
Submission deadline extended to 2 August 2024
Author confirmation late August 2024
How to Enter
Write a summary of up to 1000 words, stating the objectives, main results/discussion and conclusions of your work, with a maximum of 6 figures/tables. Entries should follow the author instructions and then register for YSA.
Entries are welcome from
• Final year undergraduate (or equivalent) students
• MSc students
• PhD students who have not submitted their final thesis at time of entry
• Industry based personnel, within 4 years of first graduation
Full allowance will be made for the varying levels of experience of the applicants.